The CDC has asked for comments on two key documents related to scaling the National Diabetes Prevention Program:
CMS CY2021 Physician Fee Schedule (PFS)
The public comment period is open until Oct. 5, 2020.
CMS is seeking comments to revise certain Medicare Diabetes Prevention Program (MDPP) policies during the remainder of COVID-19 Public Health Emergency and any future applicable 1135 event. These policies include:
- Waiving the once-per-lifetime benefit
- Removing the limit on virtual makeup sessions, including the first session
This is also an opportunity to provide support for adding the MDPP to the list of approved telehealth services.
Comments can be submitted electronically or via regular mail, express or overnight mail. For details, please see the CMS Proposed Rule.
National Quality Forum (NQF) Proposed Prediabetes Quality Measures
This public comment period is open until Sept. 3, 2020.
For the first time, quality measures are being proposed for prediabetes:
- NQF#3569 – Prediabetes: Screening for Abnormal Blood Glucose
- NQF#3570 – Intervention for Prediabetes
- NQF#3571 – Retesting of Abnormal Blood Glucose in Patients with Prediabetes