Comagine Health is pleased to announce the Q2 2023 winners of the COVID Mitigation Medal, an award recognizing vigilance and excellence in infection control and prevention efforts at long-term and post-acute care (LTPAC) centers across our six-state region.
Twenty-three centers were awarded Mitigation Medals in Q2. Join us in congratulating these centers for their excellent work in infection control and prevention.
Q2 2023: April-June Winners
- St. Luke’s Elmore Long Term Care (Mountain Home)
- Colfax General Long Term Care (Springer)
- La Vida Llena (Albuquerque)
- Laguna Rainbow Nursing Center (Casa Blanca)
- Miners Colfax Medical Center (Raton)
- The New Mexico Behavioral Health Institute at Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NM)
- Las Vegas Post Acute Care & Rehabilitation (Las Vegas)
- Northern Nevada State Veterans Home (Sparks)
- Hood River Care Center (Hood River)
- Mirabella Portland (Portland)
- Aspen Ridge Transitional Rehab (Murray)
- Little Cottonwood Rehabilitation and Nursing (Salt Lake City)
- Sandstone Taylorsville (Salt Lake City)
- Briarwood at Timber Ridge (Issaquah)
- Fircrest Residential Habilitation Center (Shorline)
- Heartwood Extended Healthcare (Tacoma)
- Highland Health & Rehabilitation of Cascadia (Bellingham)
- Lakeland Village Nursing Facility (Medical Lake)
- Mount Baker Care Center (Bellingham)
- Sunrise View Convalescent Center (Everett)
- The Terraces at Skyline (Seattle)
- Washington Soldiers Home (Orting)
- Washington State Walla Walla Veterans Home (Walla Walla)
Q2 2023: Award Criteria
The winners above were determined based on the following award criteria. Comagine Health used vaccine data available to us to determine whether applicants met or exceeded the criteria.
- Resident Up-to-Date 80% or higher - % of current residents who are up-to-date with COVID-19 vaccines – Based on data reported in NHSN question # 5
- Staff primary series completed 90% or higher - % of current health care personnel who have received primary series COVID-19 vaccination at any time – Based on data reported in NHSN question #2
How to Apply for Q3 (July – September) Awards
Learn more about the Mitigation Medal and how your center can apply for the award. The next round of awards will be made in October 2023.
If you have questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This material was prepared by Comagine Health, a Medicare Quality Innovation Network-Quality Improvement Organization under contract with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), an agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Views expressed in this material do not necessarily reflect the official views or policy of CMS or HHS, and any reference to a specific product or entity herein does not constitute endorsement of that product or entity by CMS or HHS. 12-SOW-GEN-23-QIN-248