The Comagine Health Patient Safety team is launching the “Take Down Five Campaign” focused on supporting facility efforts to decrease rates of the following five healthcare-associated conditions (HAC):
- Urinary tract infection (UTI) – To get help with UTI prevention, review the Quick Guide to Resources for Preventing Urinary Tract Infections.
- Pneumonia – Download and use the Pneumonia Vaccination Flyer as a resource for educating your residents, their families, and your staff.
- COVID-19 – Check out the COVID-19 Vaccination and Therapeutics in PALTC Toolkit: Resources for Clinicians also known as the “Vax and Pax Toolkit” for more information on treating positive COVID-19 residents using therapeutics.
- Sepsis – The Sepsis Toolkit can help to improve the early recognition and intervention for signs and symptoms of sepsis.
- Clostridioides difficile (CDI) – Refer to the Quick Guide for Preventing and Managing Clostridioides difficile Infection for tips and resources.
Over the next several months, we'll feature best practices and resources to assist your infection prevention program. Facilities identified with the greatest opportunity for improvement in Idaho, New Mexico, Nevada, Oregon, Utah and Washington will be offered coaching opportunities with an improvement advisor.
For more information about this campaign, contact improvement advisors Connie Lowder, BSN, CPHQ, or Lisa Barton, BSHCA.