Hospitals in Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon and Utah Receive 2018 HealthInsight Quality Awards
Award Program Recognizes Excellence in Clinical Quality and Patient Care
HealthInsight is recognizing 32 hospitals across four states for excellence in measures of quality of care for patient outcomes and satisfaction. The HealthInsight Quality Award Program recognizes high-performing health care provider organizations in the states for which HealthInsight serves as the Medicare program’s Quality Innovation Network-Quality Improvement Organization (QIN-QIO) contractor.
Eligibility for the Hospital Quality Award is based on a composite ranking of performance on quality measures reported on Medicare’s Hospital Compare website. Hospitals that perform in the top 25th percentile for the compsite score are eligible for a 2018 Quality Award. To see a full description of how the composite score is calucalted visit our website: https://healthinsight.org/quality-awards.
“HealthInsight is excited to recognize the performance of these hospitals,” said Marc Bennett President and CEO of HealthInsight. “The facilities include a mix of large and small, urban and rural providers. The awards celebrate the commitment of hospital leaders and staff to improving patient safety, patient experience and quality of care. This achievement requires consistent dedication and attention to systems of care and to each patient they serve.”
The HealthInsight Quality Award Program was launched in September 2004 to promote transparency in health care. As defined by the Institute of Medicine, a transparent health care system is “accountable to the public, works openly, makes results known, and builds trust through disclosure.” By using available quality data to identify high-performing providers and publicizing the results, HealthInsight aims to help providers improve health care and help patients become more active and informed participants in their own care.
The 2018 HealthInsight Quality Award hospital recipients are:
- Renown South Meadows Medical Center (Reno)
- Guadalupe County Hospital (Santa Rosa)
- Lincoln County Medical Center (Ruidoso)
- Lovelace Regional Hospital (Roswell)
- Lovelace Westside Hospital (Albuquerque)
- Nor-Lea General Hospital (Lovington)
- Plains Regional Medical Center (Clovis)
- Presbyterian Española Hospital (Española)
- University of New Mexico Sandoval Regional Medical Center (Rio Rancho)
- Adventist Health Portland (Portland)
- Asante Three Rivers Medical Center (Grants Pass)
- Asante Ashland Community Hospital (Ashland)
- Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center (Corvallis)
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Sunnyside (Clackamas)
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center (Portland)
- Legacy Silverton Medical Center (Silverton)
- Providence Milwaukie Hospital (Milwaukie)
- Providence Willamette Falls Medical Center (Oregon City)
- Saint Alphonsus Medical Center Ontario (Ontario)
- Sky Lakes Medical Center (Klamath Falls)
- St. Charles Redmond (Redmond)
- Willamette Valley Medical Center (McMinnville)
- Bear River Valley Hospital (Tremonton)
- Delta Community Hospital (Delta)
- Intermountain Fillmore Community Hospital (Fillmore)
- Intermountain Logan Regional Hospital (Logan)
- Mckay-Dee Hospital (Ogden)
- TOSH - The Orthopedic Specialty Hospital (Salt Lake City)
- Sevier Valley Hospital (Richfield)
- Uintah Basin Healthcare (Roosevelt)
- University of Utah Health (Salt Lake City)
- Utah Valley Hospital (Provo)
For more information on how a given hospital compares to others in the nation, visit healthinsight.org.
More hospital quality data are available by visiting medicare.gov or by calling 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227).
HealthInsight is a regional health improvement collaborative that oversees affiliated 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporations in Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon and Utah, and End Stage Renal Disease Networks across the western United States. HealthInsight holds contracts and grants in key areas of health care improvement, including leading quality improvement activities for the Medicare program as the Quality Innovation Network-Quality Improvement Organization (QIN-QIO) for the four-state region. HealthInsight has experience assisting front-line providers and engaging health care stakeholders to improve health care and outcomes. Its programs focus on transparency and public reporting; effective use of health information technology; engaging patients and communities to improve their health; and redesigning how care is paid for and delivered.
In April 2018, HealthInsight and Qualis Health announced a formal merger, combining the two organizations and their operations across the U.S. Both Qualis Health and HealthInsight have been engaged in health care quality consulting and providing quality improvement services for more than 40 years.