If you’re a long-term care facility, you’ve already been using the COVID-19 Resident Impact and Facility Capacity Reporting Pathway to submit weekly COVID-19 surveillance, but there are also two other options available for reporting COVID-related data to NHSN.
- Point-of-Care Testing Reporting Tool – Recorded Training Video, Training Slides, Reporting Tool, Table of Instructions
- The Point-of-Care (POC) Testing Reporting Tool is a separate reporting option for LTCFs to report SARS-CoV-2 test results provided by a POC device. NHSN routes reported POC laboratory test result data to the public health agency at the local or state level with jurisdictional authority and responsibility for receiving those data.
- HCP & Resident COVID-19 Vaccination – Training Slides, Data Collection Forms, Instructions and Supporting Materials
- Long-term care facilities can track weekly COVID-19 vaccination data for residents and health care personnel (HCP) through NHSN.
Resources available to help address some NHSN issues:
- Tip Sheet for NHSN COVID-19: SAMS and Facility Enrollment
- Tip Sheet for NHSN COVID-19 Reporting
- Additional NHSN COVID-19 recorded training videos, resources and tools can be found on the LTCF COVID-19 Module webpage
Contact Lisa Barton if you have any questions about data reporting or would like free technical assistance with NHSN, including help with:
- Adding/editing/deactivating users
- Enhancing security access to Level 3 to utilize other modules
- Downloading NHSN data reports
Conferred Rights: Comagine Health encourages facilities to confer rights to their state’s Comagine Health group so we can access the reported data, spot errors in reporting and provide better technical support when needed. Please contact Lisa Barton to receive instructions on how to confer rights/grant access to the appropriate Comagine Health group.