HealthInsight Program Encourages Excellence in Patient Care
Salt Lake City — HealthInsight, a nonprofit, community-based health care consulting organization, working to improve health and health care for patients and providers, has announced two nursing homes and 45 physician offices as recipients of the 2017 HealthInsight Quality Award. The recipients have demonstrated excellence in providing quality care.
Nursing Home Quality Awards—HealthInsight will present the 2017 HealthInsight Nursing Home Quality Award to the recipients Sept. 12 at the Utah Health Care Association Fall Conference held at the South Towne Expo Center in Sandy, Utah.
HealthInsight Quality Award nursing home recipients had to rank* in the top 25 percent of performers in the nation, based on minimum data set (MDS) 3.0 Quality Measures from Nursing Home Compare, as well as demonstrate a successfully implemented quality improvement program in their facilities.
“We are extremely pleased to be able to recognize these nursing homes for their excellence in performance and commitment to person-centered care,” said Juliana Preston, HealthInsight Utah’s executive director. “This level of achievement requires strong leadership and a dedication by all members of the health care team.”
The 2017 HealthInsight Quality Award Nursing Home recipients are Parkway Health & Rehab and Mervyn Sharp Bennion Veterans Home, both in Payson, Utah.
Physician Office Quality Awards—The recipients of the Physician Office Quality Award will be announced Saturday, Sept. 16 at the Utah Medical Association House of Delegates meeting. Awardees will be honored and receive their award at the HealthInsight Annual Quality Conference on Nov. 1, 2017.
The HealthInsight Quality Award for High Performance in the physician office setting recognizes high-performing clinics who have achieved above the 75th percentile benchmark on at least six quality measures or have shown a 15 percent improvement on three quality measures.**
"These outstanding physician office practices have shown a commitment to improving health care quality for the residents of our state and we are pleased to honor them for their hard work and dedication to delivering quality health care,” said Juliana Preston.
The 2017 HealthInsight Quality Award Physician Office recipients are:
- Advanced Pulmonary, Sleep Disorders and Internal Medicine — George
- American Fork Internal Medicine — American Fork
- Bear River Clinic – Tremonton
- Budge Clinic Family Medicine - Logan
- Budge Clinic Internal Medicine — Logan
- Canyon View Medical Group - Pediatrics - Provo
- Canyon View Medical Group - Spanish Fork Family Medicine — Spanish Fork
- Farmington Health Center — Farmington
- Gagon Family Medicine — Price
- Granger Medical Riverton — Riverton
- Granger Medical Wasatch — Salt Lake City
- Granger Medical West Jordan — West Jordan
- Granger Medical West Valley — West Valley
- Greenwood Health Center — Midvale
- Heber Valley Clinic — Heber City
- Intermountain Bountiful - Family Practice - Bountiful
- Intermountain Bountiful - Internal Medicine — Bountiful
- Intermountain Bountiful - Pediatrics — Bountiful
- Intermountain Budge Clinic - Pediatrics — Logan
- Intermountain Ephraim Clinic — Ephraim
- Intermountain Manti Clinic — Manti
- Intermountain Moroni Clinic — Moroni
- Intermountain Mt. Pleasant Clinic — Pleasant
- Intermountain South Sandy Clinic — Sandy
- Intermountain Sunset Clinic — George
- Logan Clinic Family Medicine — Logan
- Madsen Health Center — Salt Lake City
- North Cache Valley Clinic — Hyde Park
- Parkway Health Center — Orem
- Premier Family Medical American Fork — American Fork
- Premier Family Medical Lehi — Lehi
- Premier Family Medical Lindon — Lindon
- Premier Family Medical Mountain Point — Lehi
- Premier Family Medical Pleasant Grove — Pleasant Grove
- Premier Family Medical Saratoga Springs — Saratoga Springs
- Redstone Health Center — Park City
- Redwood Health Center — Salt Lake City
- South Cache Valley Clinic — Providence
- South Jordan Health Center — South Jordan
- Springville Family Medicine — Springville
- Stansbury Health Center — Stansbury Park
- Stephen D. Ratcliffe Community Health Centers, Inc. — Salt Lake City
- Sugarhouse Health Center — Salt Lake City
- Valley Family Medicine — Tooele
- Westridge Health Center — West Valley
* The nursing home quality data is available by visiting www.medicare.gov or by calling 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227). National nursing home rankings can be found on our website at https://healthinsight.org/rankings/nursing-homes.
** A complete list of the quality measures can be found here: https://healthinsight.org/quality-awards/96-locations/utah/223-physician-office-quality-award-criteria.
HealthInsight is a recognized leader in convening and partnering with our communities to improve health and health care by advancing quality, efficiency and value for patients and providers. HealthInsight serves as a catalyst, using collaborative efforts to facilitate and promote the quality and safety of health care to achieve improved outcomes and value for all residents. Learn more at healthinsight.org.