Join Comagine Health for the third session of a six-part weekly series to help Utah providers develop or augment a medication for opioid use disorder (MOUD) program with special considerations for COVID-19.
This series is designed for clinicians and administrators who are looking to build or grow a MOUD program that immediately impacts patients' lives. Building a MOUD program doesn’t require advertising or adding new patients – you already have patients in your practice you can treat today!
Participants will be provided with direction in setting up or growing a MOUD program, including guidance on:
- How to discuss MOUD with your staff
- How to accurately identify which patients will benefit and resources for those who need extra assistance
- Policy, procedure, visit templates and billing
- Risk mitigation strategies
All sessions will be held virtually on Wednesdays from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. MT and will run from Nov. 4 to Dec. 9, 2020. CE credits are available (1.0 per session hours in AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™)
Session 1: Introduction
- Participants will understand the ECHO model®, including logistics
- Participants will understand steps required to launch or enhance MOUD program
- Participants will understand opioid use disorder terminology
Session 2: Finding the Right Patients for Your Program
- How to identify patients appropriate for MOUD for your primary care practice
- What to do with the patients that are, and are not, ready for outpatient treatment
Session 3: Patient Throughput and Roles
- Brief overview of medicines
- Identify the people, processes and documentation involved
- Identify the quality metrics associated with a MOUD program
Session 4: Risk Mitigation and Patient Communication
- Identify common deviations to treatment protocol and corresponding policy response(s)
- Identify policy-related communications strategies for use with patients
Session 5: MOUD Program Development
- Understand patient costs – common process
- Understand insurance issues
- Considerations for COVID-19
Session 6: Roundtable Report
- Everyone report on where they were, and where they are now – discuss the gap between the ideal state discussed in Session 1 and today
Subject Matter Experts
Contact Senior Improvement Advisor Rebecca Wilson with questions at email@example.com or 801-892-6616.
Comagine Health is accredited by the New Mexico Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Comagine Health designates this Recurring Scheduled Series for maximum of 1.0 per session attended AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.