This webinar is intended for long-term and post-acute care (LTPAC) leadership such as administrators, directors of nursing, environmental services and others involved in emergency planning in LTPAC settings.
Steven Wilder BA, CHSP, STS, president and CEO of Sorensen, Wilder & Associates, will be presenting on the required elements for emergency preparedness plans (EPP) in long-term care settings. Wilder has over 35 years' experience in health care safety and is an author and recognized safety expert by the New York Post, Los Angeles Times and many more!
The content of this session will explore:
- Educational and training requirements mandated by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Types of exercises that can be utilized to assess an EPP
- Factors that can contribute to ineffective emergency responses
- The concept of an all-hazards approach
- Define the components of an emergency preparedness plan specific to nursing home required elements
- Describe the concept of an all-hazards or all-perils approach
- Identify factors contributing to ineffective responses in emergency situations
- Outline the educational and training prerequisites mandated by CMS
- Discuss the various types of exercises utilized to assess an EPP
Administrator and nursing CEUs are pending approval.