Operation Health Care Bound is a one-day event for high school students between ages 16 and 18 interested in exploring careers in health care. This year’s event will take place April 28, 2022.
The goal of this event is to provide students with the opportunity to explore multiple medical career options. Participating students learn about the daily work of doctors and nurses. They are also given opportunities to explore allied health departments such as pharmacy, diagnostic imaging, respiratory therapy, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and more.
For over 13 years, this annual event has introduced hundreds of Southern Nevada high school students to multiple health care career options with hands-on demonstrations. As our region faces a critical shortage of health care workers in all areas of the medical industry, developing career pathways for soon-to-be high school graduates into health care is more important than ever.
Operation Health Care Bound will be held Thursday, April 28. Please review the important dates listed below for information on application deadlines and more:
- March 1 – Student application process opens
- March 24 – Student application process closes
- March 28 – Acceptance letters and consent form emailed to students
- April 1 – Deadline for students to accept or decline participation
- April 11-15 – Clark County School District Spring Break
- April 18 – Deadline for signed consent forms to be returned
- April 28 – Operation Health Care Bound
Participating students must be:
- Juniors or seniors and at least 16 years old as of April 15, 2022.
- First-time participants in the program. Students who participated in the program in previous years are not eligible to reapply.
We are excited to be partnering with a variety of hospitals throughout the Las Vegas area. Each hospital will be hosting a unique program. Before applying, please review the flyers for each participating hospital listed below.
- Centennial Hills Hospital Medical Center | Flyer
- Desert Springs Hospital Medical Center | Flyer
- Henderson Hospital | Flyer
- Kindred Hospital, Flamingo Campus | Flyer
- Kindred Hospital, Sahara Campus | Flyer
- Mesa View Regional Hospital | Flyer
- Nathan Adelson Hospice | Flyer
- Southern Hills Hospital and Medical Center | Flyer
- Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center | Flyer
- Summerlin Hospital Medical Center | Flyer
- Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center | Flyer
- University Medical Center (UMC) | Flyer
- Valley Hospital Medical Center | Flyer
Please note that all participating hospitals will require all students to wear masks and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
How to Apply
Complete the Operation Health Care Bound application by 4 p.m. on Friday, March 18. Follow-up correspondence to finalize program registration for accepted applicants will be delivered via email by Monday, March 28.
If you have questions about this year’s program, do not hesitate to reach out to Eileen Colen.