The Oregon Behavioral Health Support Program ensures that adults in Oregon with severe and persistent mental illness (SPMI) are actively involved in directing their treatment through person-centered care planning.
We will work with eligible individuals to create person-centered service plans. We will follow up with them quarterly to determine how their plans are working and if they’re receiving the services and supports they need.
This work also includes:
- Providing needs assessments and person-centered service planning for individuals transitioning from secure residential treatment facilities or the Oregon State Hospital
- Supporting the State Plan personal care services program by conducting a similar assessment and service planning process, while enrolling State Plan personal care attendants to assist individuals in this program
- Performing continued stay reviews for people in the Oregon State Hospital and secure residential treatment facilities
- Providing authorizations for fee-for-service individuals in crisis respite settings
Providers, please submit your prior authorization (PA) requests via MMIS.
CH-002: Discharge Notification for Behavioral Health Services
Please submit when an individual moves out of an adult foster care or residential treatment program for behavioral health services.
CH-003: Individually-Based Limitation
An individually based limitation (IBL) is based on specific assessed need and only implemented with the informed consent of the individual or, as applicable, the legal representative of the individual, as described in OAR 411-004-0040. The complete rule can be found here. IBLs are only for individuals in home and community-based settings.
CH-006: Plan of Care Request for Behavioral Health Residential or Personal Care Services
This form includes information required for a plan of care for adult foster homes or residential personal care/habilitation services.
CH-007: PA-Rehab — Psychosocial Rehabilitation Services (PRS)
Please complete this form to request prior authorization of Psychosocial Rehabilitation Services (outpatient rehabilitation).
CH-008: Crisis Respite Request
To be completed by crisis respite providers. Comagine Health will provide authorizations for Crisis Respite stays for individuals who are in residential and adult foster home settings. Please see form for more information.
CH-009: SRTF Criteria Checklist
Please complete this form to request an authorization for the individuals who will be transitioning to an SRTF. The Independent and Qualified Agent (IQA) will review this request and process it for the individual staying at the identified facility.
CH-010: BH PCA Referral
This form may be used to refer an individual for OBHSP Behavioral Health Personal Care Attendant (BH PCA) services (reference OAR 410-172-0790).
Nurse (RN) delegation(s) are to be submitted to Comagine Health for individuals who require additional supportive services to assist with their ongoing care. RN delegations are to be submitted every 6 months in alignment with the RN reassessments, or more frequently if applicable.
Consent for Release of Information and Participation in the Oregon Behavioral Health Support Program
Please complete this form to give your consent to use and disclose your PHI.
Click here for the Spanish version of this form.
Please submit with supporting documentation via MMIS to request initial 90-day authorizations and 30-day continued stay authorizations.
Form Instructional Videos
OHA Policies and Tools
- Behavioral Health Services Rules and Guidelines
- Tools for Oregon Health Plan Providers
- Tools for Behavioral Health Providers
Starting July 1, 2020, Comagine Health has assumed responsibility for assessments from the current contractor, KEPRO.
Providers, our Provider Training webinar was held on Thursday, June 25, 2020.
- Watch the recorded webinar
- Download the webinar slides (PDF)
- Review the OBHSP Frequently Asked Questions document from the webinar (PDF)
We look forward to working with you. Please contact us with any questions.