Comagine Health looks to build capacity in our work with partners to improve health care. We know that sustained improvement requires more than just resources — it requires quality improvement skills among teams and leaders on the front line. To assist in the development of those skills, our QI experts have created tools we know can help those interested in building capacity for change. These tools are generalizable and designed to help professionals in all settings work to identify, plan, test, spread and sustain process changes.
Forming a Comprehensive Strategy
The most impactful health care settings are those that demonstrate quality improvement as a regular practice. Our comprehensive guide to implement a quality improvement strategy will walk you through all you need to set your organization up for success.
Project Planning and Management
Identifying desired outcomes, assigning tasks and setting deadlines are critical to realizing improvement and delivering results. Our planning table provides a simple way to document high-level goals while also organizing tasks needed to accomplish them.
Quality Improvement Methods
Having the right tool for the right job is important regardless of task, including implementing process change. The following tools are meant to assist in the day-to-day work of quality improvement.
- Root Cause Analysis Tool: Identifying the primary cause(s) of a problem and potential solutions.
- A3 Report Template: Simple root cause analysis and systematic problem-solving.
- Run Chart Tool: Using data to identify trends and patterns for quality improvement and assurance.
- Workflow/Process Mapping Tool: Developing visual representations of the actions, decisions or tasks performed to achieve a certain result. These are very useful in identifying and testing changes for improvement.
- Plan-Do-Study-Act Essentials and Worksheet: Planning and implementing small tests of change.