Comagine Health is partnering with the Utah Department of Health to make trainings available on current best practices for preventing transmission of COVID-19 in long-term care. These webinar recordings, featuring Dr. Sarah Woolsey, Martha Jaworski, Mindi Tippins and Jennifer Vreeland, include information on the basics of contact, droplet and airborne precautions, with resources for staff training as well as current state and CDC guidance for contingencies for personal protective equipment (PPE). The expanded information further discusses PPE for given patient encounters and emphasizes the importance of universal PPE use in long-term care settings.
- Sarah Woolsey, MD, MPH, FAAFP, is board-certified in family medicine and a current medical director with Comagine Health.
- Martha Jaworski, MS, RN, CIC, is certified in infection control and currently serves as a senior quality improvement advisor at Comagine Health.
- Mindi Tippins is a vice president of and quality improvement resource for Milestone & Sunstone Healthcare.
- Jennifer Vreeland, RN, BSN, is a clinical resource for Milestone Healthcare.
View the on-demand recordings:
- Infection Prevention Update for Long-Term Care Facility Partners: COVID-19
- Expansion of Infection Prevention for Long-Term Care Facility Partners